|The McKinley Park Dog Friendly Area Committee is very proud to announce our first-ever online crowd-sourcing campaign, through You Caring, which is now live at this link:
Can you donate a few dollars and share among your social groups?
We have a few events coming up that you can help out with:
- Saturday April 22, 2017 at noon-2pm (meet at the SW Corner of the park, where our DFA area will be)–OFFICIAL Petition Day! We will spread out throughout the park and speak to people about signing our petition. Please RSVP and let us know if you are planning on attending. If you have a clip board, please bring one. We will email the petition, talking points, and some guidelines for talking to people about the park to everyone who RSVPs.
- Press inquiries: Now that we are fundraising, and we have more membership, we are starting to get inquiries from the press. If you can, please send us photos of your dogs with your family to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have them available to provide to journalists who ask.
- Next Meeting: Monday May 1, 2017, 7pm at the McKinley Park Fieldhouse Blue Room.
- CONGRATULATIONS! Min Huang has been elected Treasurer for our group, and Carina Trudell (who has done an excellent job making our social media more active) has stepped up to be co-president and will serve with Angie Robertson, the other co-president.
- McKinley Park Farmers’ Market–Call for creative ideas! The McKinley Park Advisory Council (MPAC) — Our Parent Organization — has given us space to use at the weekly farmers’ market, each Sunday, which will begin in June, 2017! Help us think of creative things to sell to help raise money. Would you be willing to make these dog toys out of old t-shirts? Would you be willing to make/freeze/donate a few dozen dog biscuits? Do you know of a local business or restaurant that would donate something we could raffle off? Are you artistic enough to make us a big, awesome sign for our table? Would you be willing to sit at our table and talk to people about our petition, or committee, and our process on Sundays? Let us know if you’d like to volunteer for any of this or if you have any additional ideas for our table.
- May 13, McGuane Park Pet Vaccination & Microchipping — Volunteers Needed Please let us know if you can volunteer for this event from 11am-3pm on May 13th. McGuane Park will let us have petition information and sign up sheets for our committee as well.
Lots of updates today! We hope you and your families have a great Easter weekend, if you celebrate, and we look forward to seeing many of you soon! Thank you all for your positive energy and for spreading the news about everything going on with the McKinley Park Dog Park Committee.
McKinley Park DFA Committee, Co-President